Saturday, February 5, 2011

First of all.....

I guess I should start by saying I'm a lawyer. I don't know that this is going to be a law blog, though, although I'm sure there will be some legal commentary, since that's my day job.

Recently, though, I've been thinking more about not just our justice system, but justice systems worldwide, justice and injustice generally, and what it all looks like to God, to us, and to the people around us. I remember one of my law professors saying once that the law isn't always black and white. i guess what I would say, after ten years of practicing law and observing human behavior, is that, even when it is black and white, the good guys don't always win. And what's worse, is that people watch, and don't do anything about it. We are, at times, a paralyzed society.

So I thought I would share some of my observations, and some of the things I've done to become a less passive observer (and also to do my best to redeem myself, as necessary) and hope that maybe a couple other people will also pick up a ball or two. So far, it seems to work that way in discussion, so maybe it will be even better online. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment