Sunday, February 6, 2011

Insomniac musings

I'm sure that, right about now, my husband is kicking himself for not asking about my sleep habits in more detail. In times of high stress, I tend to act very calm and relaxed during the day, storing up all my madness until well after everyone's asleep, and I have no one to talk to. So here we are.

I keep thinking about this Cambodia thing, and what I've been called to do there (ummm..... stop human trafficking and heal the scars of the Khmer Rouge regime??:) and of course, St. Kitts, and what God has asked us to do there (lift an entire community from a state of apathy and disenfranchisement to create a land of joy and empowerment???) and I go.... OMG.

But, thank you, as always, Mark Batterson, for always allowing me to be on a page of one of your books exactly when I need to be. This is what I just read (trying to fall asleep):

"I can't do what God has called me to do. Not in my own strength. But God never calls us to do something we're capable of. God calls us to do things that are beyond our ability so He gets all the credit. That's how we learn to rely on Him. And that's how we learn to love Him.
     All of us love miracles. We just don't like being in situations where we need one. But that is a prerequisite. You will never experience the power of God until you put yourself into a situation that necessitates it. If you want to be filled with His Spirit, you don't have to walk a church aisle. Just walk into a situation that requires His power. Go after a God-ordained dream that cannot be accomplished in your own strength and wisdom."

---- Mark Batterson, Primal

No comments:

Post a Comment